Friday, May 30, 2008



ECHL Star forward Lance Galbraith to Join Texas Brahmas as a Player/Coach

The Idaho Statesman has reported that Idaho Steelheads (ECHL) forward Lance Galbraith has accepted a player/assistant coach position with the Texas Brahmas. "It was a tough (decision)," Galbraith said. "I had left Boise before and I came back and won a championship (in 2007)."

A spokesperson for the Steelheads said that Galbraith was leaving because he will be given the opportunity to coach and this is something he would like to pursue once he stops playing.

"I know (Steelheads coach) Derek Laxdal went that way. I thought this was my chance to maybe get my foot in the door (as a coach) and learn a little bit more,'' he said. "I love the game so much, and I don't know how much longer I can play, so if I can get my chance as a coach, better sooner than later."

The 28-year-old was a member of the Steelheads 2004 and 2007 Kelly Cup Championship teams; in the 2007 Kelly Cup Playoffs, he led the ECHL in scoring with 27 pts. (11g, 16a).

Photo Credit: Steve Conner Photography

No comments: