Thursday, January 29, 2009

CHL Player Chat Log - Jordan Cameron

Texas Brahmas star forward answers your questions

Jordan Cameron recently answered questions submitted to the Central Hockey League web site's chat room. Here are the questions submitted by CHL fans and Jordan's answers.

I was told you love tattoos. How many do you have? - Gary in Roanoke, TX

I have four tattoos so far and more to come. My most recent being my daughters name on my ribs. It was done only a week and half ago.

What is it like playing for Dan Wildfong? Are you enjoying wearing a "A" this year? - John in Shreveport, LA

Personally I really enjoy playing for Fonger. We get along really well, and I consider him one of my good friends. Being an assistant captain this year is something new for me. Not yet in my career have I been in this kind of leadership role. It’s definitely something different for me and I am embracing it and just trying to help out however I can in leading this team. For me, most of the leadership I am doing is on the ice. What I mean by that is that I try to lead by example. this is done, I think, by going out there and working as hard as I can every shift. But mostly just never giving up no matter what the outcome or state of the game might be.

Who is the toughest team that you played so far this season? - Kevin in Oklahoma City, OK

I would say the RiverKings. They play a very aggressive game and it makes it hard to get any offense going.

What team in the CHL has the best defence in your opinion? - Colton in Edmond, OK

The Best Offensive D probably the Eagles- their D-men seem to be putting up good numbers. The Best Defensive D would probably be the Blazers since they have the lowest amount of goals against. But as a whole, I have to say our Defense is the Best in the CHL. I believe we have a great balance of skilled and stay at home D. And with one of the lower goals against in the league, I think it might be hard to argue with me.

How is this years team better than last years? - Danny in Arlington, TX

Well I think the fact that we have so many returning guys from last year. Most notably on the back end. Starting with our goalies who both have proved themselves to be legitimate starters. And with five of our six D from last year returning, our systems are already known by those guys, and Dan doesn't have to preach to a whole new D core. I think the forwards are fairly comparable, but now with our new big gun Travis Banga thrown in with Shep and Deitsch, I believe it gives us a more potent first line than last year.

First of all, congrats on all of your success this season, I can't wait to see what you will have in store for the second half of the season! If you had to create a line with your current teammates, who would you like to see as your line mate and why? - Jessica in Roanoke, TX

I think all the guys on this team are great players and I am proud to play with them all. To single out to guys is pretty hard, I’ll say Grant Jacobsen and Kevin McLeod. I enjoy playing with Jake; we have played together a lot over the last year and a half. McLeod you might wonder why I say this but he used to be a forward and was one of the top ones on his team in junior. He has a lot of skill, but I think is afraid to show some of his Chazzle Dazzle!!! He would surprise a lot of people I think.

What is your pregame ritual - Doug in Fort Worth, TX

I am not much of a ritual guy, but I eat chicken alfredo and nap before every game. I also like to play some video games before my nap. At the rink I always kick a soccer ball around with some of the guys to warm up a bit. That's about it. Well I guess it is sort of a ritual to make the guys think I'm not going to be dressed in time for warm up(start getting ready with like 7 or 8 minutes), but I always make it.

What out of town place is the hardest to play at ? - Brionna in Wichita, KS

For sure the Budweiser Events Center. The eagles always have a great team so you know you have to play your best game when you go into that building. Plus if you look at there record in that building, you don't see many numbers in the loss column. But it also is one of the most fun places to go because it is a beautiful building and it is always sold out. The fans get all jacked up to watch the eagles, that makes a special atmosphere.

What is your most memorable moment from last season with the Brahmas? - Janet in N. Richland Hills, TX

For a team moment it would be in the playoffs and sweeping the Mudbugs in four straight games. For a personal memory it would be Sheppard batting the puck out of the air into the net in overtime of game five of the conference finals against the eagles. Thus making it possible for us to take it back to Colorado and force a game seven.

While not playing hockey or practicing, what are some hobbies or activities you do away from the ice? - Valerie in Fort Worth, TX

I am usually at home playing with my daughter who turns 2 in May and hanging out with my wife. But I do enjoy playing video games and have already gave Banga a few bad beatings. Also another reason why I love being in Texas so much is cause on any given day you can usually get in a round of golf!!!!

Photo Credit: Robert Keith

No comments: