Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas - Brahmas Style

By Russell Farris

'Twas the night before Christmas, When all through the Barn
Not a creature was stirring, not rustling of horns.
The cowbells were hung by the chimney with care,
while hoping at the next game the ref calls would be fair.
The Mudbugs were nestled not so snug in their beds
While nightmares of Brahmas skated through their heads.
And mamma in her jersey, and I in my Brahmas cap,
Checking the Brahmas board before I took a nap.
When from out on the lawn arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew in a flash
Knocking over a bottle of Kentucky "Sour Mash".
I pulled down the drapes , my face growing red
As a shelf full of hockey pucks fell right on my head.
When what to my wondering eyes did I see,
But a smiling coach Fonger on a puple Zamboni.
More rapid than Sundogs, his skaters they came
And he whistled, and shouted , and called them by name,
"Now, Cameron! Now, Sheppard! Now Jake & Topher!
On, Tyler! On, Minzy ! On Cash and on Jaeger!
From the bottom of the Ice, to the top of the glass,
I knew right away these boy could kick ass!
I drew back in shock, and was turning around
When down the chimney came Fonger with a great bound.
He wasn't dressed in all fur, but a suit and black shoes
With the determination that the next game he would not lose.
He spoke not a word, but got right to his work
Filling all the stockings, then turned with a jerk,
Handing me a signed puck, and a shiny new stick
Whispering " you never had it this good from old St. Nick".
And laying a finger aside of his nose
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.
He sprang to the Zamboni, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they flew like Kinnunen "The Missile".
But I heard him exclaim as he flew out of sight,
Wish us good luck the Brahmas play tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a new "Classic"